Tuesday 24 July 2012

Pre-Market Brief

Good morning. Overnight futures have been relatively quiet, flipping between minor gains and losses. Presently, sp -4pts, and is set to open around 1346. Certainly, its nothing dramatic like yesterday!


sp'60min, rainbow



*I intend to make more use of the Elder Impulse (I call them rainbow) style charts, in the days ahead.


sp'60min july24



sp'daily



vix'60min


Summary

Its possible we have already maxed out, and will simply fall from here. However, I think there is very high chance we'll open a little lower..and level out within a few hours..and then claw quickly higher into the close.

Its possible we'll even close marginally higher, and briefly gap higher on Wednesday.

The hourly MACD (blue bar histogram) cycle is still very low on the indexes, and is far from ideal for those looking to re-short. 
--
Regardless, if I can re-short sometime today around 1355/60, I'll take it.

My target for this Friday is 1310/00. We have major GDP data, and I think that will be a further reminder to Mr Market the US is slipping into a recession - as company earnings (revenue/income data) are also suggesting.

Good wishes for Tuesday!