Wednesday 2 January 2013

10am update - a new year, a new bear massacre

Those bears holding since the Monday open have suffered a severe 8 trading hours of nuclear carnage. We've jumped from sp'1398 to 1455..and there is NO sign of this freight train stopping. With the dollar lower, and the VIX back in the 15s...this is a disturbing way to start the year.


sp'60min



sp'daily5



VIX'daily

 
Summary

There is a LOT of action to highlight right now, but suffice to say, this is one hell of a crazy way to start a new year. 

For me, worse of all, I can only imagine the horror of the TVIX/UVXY holders, they're down around 45% since the Monday open.

45% in just EIGHT trading hours..urghhh !
--

I remain on the sidelines...with NO intention of getting involved in this nonsense for at least a few days.
--

re: comments. I'm not sure why, but Disque is not taking comments on my page so far today... sorry for those who have posted, but not see it appear. I'm not sure what to do about it.
--