Monday 3 June 2013

10am update - Monday morning chop

The main indexes are battling to hold onto moderate gains. Surprisingly, VIX opened fractionally higher, but looks set to decline across the next few days. USD is a touch weak, with the metals and oil holding gains, but those look increasingly weak.

Without question, its a  bit of mess out there.


sp'60min



VIX'60min


Summary

Indexes look floored on the 15, 60, and daily charts.

Yes, the weekly...and MONTHLY charts are now showing initial signs of a rollover, but...its very much 'initial', nothing clear...yet.

*I remain long RIG, and looking to go long indexes..perhaps this hour.

UPDATE 10.02am.. .econ-data comes in poor...market takes another swing to the downside.

10.05am.. I am now heavy long indexes from sp'1631.

First upside target is sp'1645/50

10.14am.. stopped out of my heavy IWM long position...for a very significant gain.

Options..sure are crazy.
--

10.30am... it remains a choppy mess out there...people seem to be selling into each little ramp...yours truly included.

To be clear though, I will look to go long again early tomorrow. Daily/60min cycle ..oversold.

10.35am...red indexes again...VIX +2%....kinda interesting, but I sure don't see anything happening today/tomorrow, other than chop.
--

10.42am.. market about to hit my secondary target of sp'1624/23..that I set over a week ago.

Best case for the bears...sp'1615/10...I''d be surprised if 1600/1597 gap fill.

Regardless, it'll just make for a better place to go long.