Monday 19 August 2013

Pre-Market Brief

Good morning. Futures are a touch lower, sp -3pts, we're set to open at 1652. Precious metals and Oil are similarly lower, with the USD unchanged. Moderate upside is expected - back into the sp'1680s, before renewed weakness.


so'60min'4


Summary

So, a relatively quiet open is due, with the indexes a little weak..but nothing significant.
-

No major econ-data today..and no sig' QE. I guess you could call it a 'fair fight' for bears v bulls today.

I certainly want to see a bounce before launching a re-short, and I'm even considering going long, although I'd like to give the market a hour or two this morning to settle down, after the weakness of last Thur/Friday.
 --

Video update from the Permabull...



A red arrow. I'm almost tempted to say 'don't fall in love with the downside Oscar'.

--
9.44am... quiet open, and we're seeing signs of a reversal..to the upside.