Wednesday 25 September 2013

2pm update - price action same as yesterday

The main indexes are moderately lower, after the late morning bounce fails at resistance. If sp'1691 is broken - which now seems likely, then a move to the low 1680s is again viable for early Thursday. VIX is showing little concern though, up a mere 1.4% in the 14.20s.


sp'60min


Summary

As night falls in London city, the market is again feeling a little of the autumnal weakness.

Who wants to go long into the close?

Yet, from an hourly chart perspective, this is a pretty lousy place to be going short...aside from those with tight stops around sp'1700/05.
--

Highlighted from clown finance TV, Walmart took a brief tumble on a news report - about stock inventories, which WMT is disputing.


Twitchy market indeed!
-

I was going through my individual company charts, and I noticed STX..which I've not looked over in some time. Seagate is having a particularly strong day..and I'm not sure why!


STX, daily


A classic example of old resistance becoming support - in the $37s, in late August. Trend is clearly..up! More on STX later I think.