Friday 7 February 2014

12pm update - morning gains holding

The US equity indexes are holding, and trying to build upon the somewhat fragile opening gains. Despite obvious 'cheer leader' disappointment at the latest monthly jobs data, the market doesn't care, and with the VIX crushed into the mid 15s, the current multi-week down cycle looks..done.


NYSE Comp', weekly


Summary

*I've been battling to find a chart that is a fair balance...ended up choosing the NYSE Comp'  the 'master index' as I tend to call it.

We have a clear hold of the primary trend from Nov'2012. Notably, the only index that has so far broken the Nov'2012 trend is the R2K.
--

So...what now?

Barring a full swing lower in the afternoon - which now looks highly unlikely, weekly'7 is trashed, and...(ironically) I revert back to weekly8.


I realise many out there will again be dismayed at the markets twisted reaction to this mornings latest data, and I myself am bemused that the market couldn't break lower to the 200 day MA in the 1710/1690 zone.
--

12.01pm...we're now 51pts above the Wednesday low...3% in around 15 trading hours.
 -
*net issues, I can't access youtube, so...no VIX update

time for tea