Wednesday 16 April 2014

1pm update - powered up

US equities are a little tired, but still comfortably holding the sp'1850s..well above the 50 day MA of 1848. With the VIX below old rising trend, there is next to zero doubt now that the market is once again on another multi-week up wave. The only quetion is, how high?


sp'60min


Summary

*Well, I just spent $65 on a new power unit for my computer, so that is bullish tech sector I guess. At least I've discerned the problem (I think).
--

Regardless of any minor market noise, the down trend is surely over. Perhaps I might not sound it, but I am very disappointed, but more so. concerned for those still on the short side - especially those hoping to 'ride it out'. That has rarely worked out in my experience, and if the next up wave last a fair few weeks, the upside could be pretty significant.

 --
yours...not currently long XLK.


1.24pm.. minor chop..and we have rather clear underlying upside pressure on every minor down tick.

It would seem we will close the week in the 1860s.

Weekly charts have already flipped to outright bullish.