Thursday 12 June 2014

2pm update - market still sliding

US equities have failed to hold, and are again on the slide, a rather consistant one. Next support on the sp'500 is the 1925/20 zone, which itself is a mere 1% above the somewhat critical 1900 threshold. Oil and Gold are both holding earlier gains.


sp'daily5


Summary

Well, for those who were calling for a pre-opex low for Thurs/Friday, it seems they were certainly right.
-

I'm certainly still seeking higher levels.. but clearly, market is not in the mood to rally today.
-

*I am LONG, via WFM, CHK, and an index block. I will hold overnight, and look to exit into the Friday close..although with sig' QE on Monday, I could just about stomach holding across the weekend.


2.15pm...market trying (yet again) to stabilise.

We're fast approaching the afternoon turn time of 2.30....

day-trading bears getting a chance to exit at 1930...although I admit, I said the same thing about 1940..a few hours ago.
--

Anyway...Brazil...awaits!


2.40pm. A little gap has been filled on the VIX... would make for a natural mini top..into next week.