Wednesday 18 June 2014

Closing Brief

US equities saw minor chop across much of the day, but closed relatively strongly, sp +14pts @ 1956. The two leaders - Trans/R2K, settled higher by 1.5% and 0.5% respectively. Near term outlook offers broad upside into the Friday quad-opex close.


sp'60min



VIX'60min


Summary

*I exited my index-long block, around R2K 1179. I continue to hold CHK and WFM, both of which I will look to exit into the Friday close.. if prices are 'reasonable'.
--

So...another Fed day is over..and there is nothing much now until late July'30, GDP Q2 data - which is interestingly, also the date of the next FOMC. Hmmmmmmm

For those broadly short..I realise today was a lousy one.

I am very open to a moderate down wave from 1960/70..beginning next week... down to 1900, but broadly....there still looks to be upside into mid July. 1990s would be a viable target.

--
I'll post a daily wrap (esp' with some VIX details) later today...at 8pm EST.