Wednesday 2 July 2014

10am update - interesting movers

The main indexes are seeing some minor chop, with the usual underlying upward pressure. There are some interesting individual movers already today, notably the airlines and retail. Metals are flat, whilst Oil is a little weak, -0.6%.


UAL, daily


WFM, daily


Summary

UAL is reacting to a similar drop in DAL, which marginally missed on June flight data.

I don't follow the individual companies that closely, but Delta is far superior to United.. from what I know.

--
*I remain long WFM, which has been my most annoying trade of the year so far. Underlying MACD (blue bar histogram) is arguably due for another wave higher. If so..then 42/43 is first soft target.

I'm sitting on an overly big option block.. and the clock is ticking (implosion July opex). I want to drop no later than end of next week. Right now, the 43s would be a 'dream' recovery.

I suppose at least I have the broader market trend on my side.