Thursday 25 September 2014

Thanks very much

US equity indexes broke the three day downside run, with a rather important daily gain of 15pts to sp'1998. The sp'500 looks set to re-take the giant 2000 threshold, but a daily/weekly close much above 2010 will be a somewhat tough challenge.


sp'weekly8


Summary

The weekly 'rainbow' candle remains blue (it probably needs sp'2005/10 to turn green), but today, it importantly held the weekly 10MA. Just a simple review of the past few months is pretty clear.... the 10MA is typically a brick wall to the equity bears.

All things considered, new historic highs - at least in most indexes, look probable in October.. which of course begins next Wednesday.


Looking ahead

We have the usual jobless claims, PMI services, and Durable Goods Orders. That is plenty enough to give the market an excuse to move in the early morning.

*next QE is not until next week.
----


Autumnal shadows of disappointment

Now... for something rather different.

The last two days have been somewhat difficult for yours truly. The market hasn't been the problem this time... no...its Google.

No doubt, most of you know (at least those not using ad blockers) that I have a contract with Google. Yesterday, I got an email from Google telling me I had 'invalid ad clicks', and that Google had suspended my adsense account.


There are 3 possibilities...

1. One of you have been giving me 'sympathy clicks' (as support.. .which I have NEVER asked or advocated), and Google has decided that is one too many.

2. A click-bomber. One of my readers has felt so vilified and outraged at something I've said, they have repeatedly clicked my adverts, knowing that Google would flag my account as suspect/fraudulent.

3. Google have simply decided to terminate my account (for whatever reason).. and are keeping all un-paid money.


I've been building up a wheel barrow of funds since spring 2012, and in one fell swoop, Google have now locked my adsense account, and I am unable to withdraw ANY of the advertising revenue which I have earned across the last two years.

We're not talking about a huge amount, but its a 4 figure number, and such income was something that had partly helped inspire me to keep posting.
--

Personally, I almost hope its the second reason. The third, that Google have simply decided to lock me out and take TWO YEARS of accumulated/un-paid earnings is even worse, and utterly contemptible.

Yesterday, I replied to a standard 'appeal email'... various questions, but ironically most of the questions can only be answered from information contained within my adsense account, which I am LOCKED out of. Go figure that twisted shit huh?

As of today, Google sent me another email, and formally rejected my appeal, and they have closed my account. That might sound inconsequential, but they have a wheel barrow of my money, and have effectively told me... 'no.. the money you've accumulated since spring 2012 is not yours now, and you are banned from the adsense program for life'.
 

Moving forward

I've never asked for anything, from anyone since I first posted here in Feb'2012. No donation buttons, no nothing. Hell, I have even felt it overly bold in just asking the occasional webmaster/blogger to link my page to theirs.

Considering this weeks Google mess, I will very likely move to a subscription model within the next few months. No doubt this will really piss off a great number of you. I ain't much happy about it myself, but I'll be damned if I'm putting in 40/50hrs a week for absolutely nothing... ohh, but its not nothing...

*If only you had any idea the amount of emailed complaints/whining I regularly get about daring to highlight Oscar Carboni videos... or to dare suggest Gold/Silver prices might continue to fall. Gods damn... the sheer audacity of me!


Thanks very much

Across the last few years I've had some very supportive emails/messages from people across the world, and I'm very thankful for that. Along with the linked support of a few other bloggers (hello there... Chartrambler, McVerry), running these pages has been generally a great experience.

However, If some maniac has indeed 'click bombed' my pages, costing me a valuable business contract with Google, then I will be glad to take my content private, I don't want any such twisted piece of social garbage having continued free access to my posts.
-

Ohh, and a special message to the faceless bureaucrats at Google, the click-bombers, the insane gold/silver bugs, and the legion of internet trolls who will forever reside in their parents basement.....



Goodnight from a disillusioned London