Friday 2 January 2015

Here we go again

Good morning, and welcome to a new trading year :) Futures are moderately higher, sp +9pts, we're set to open at 2067. Metals are starting the year moderately weak, Gold -$8. Oil prices remain in collapse mode, Oil -2.7% in the $52s, whilst Nat' gas is getting a bounce of 1.2%


sp'daily5


sp'weekly


Summary

*on any outlook, we're going to close with net weekly declines, so... equity bears will have that to begin the year.
--

Well.... a new trading year is set to begin.

I do understand why some were getting moderately excited at the weakness across Wednesday, but I can't see this market going much lower. The sp'2130/50 zone looks a very viable target for late Jan/early February.
-

Notable early strength: US Dollar, +0.5% @ 90.80... the giant 100 level is coming, and that is going to be a major problem for the precious metals (along with the miner stocks) and indeed... energy prices.

--
*Frankly, I am exhausted.. I've been awake since 2am EST, I'll spare the details, but suffice to say, I will likely be on a go-slow today... if I drop offline later today.. it'll be because I've fallen asleep.
-

Awaiting econ-data: PMI/ISM manufacturing, construction spending

back at 10am (probably)