Friday 11 September 2015

3pm update - net weekly gains

Regardless of the exact close, US equity indexes are set for significant net weekly gains, with the sp'500 higher by around 1.7%. Near term outlook remains bullish into the FOMC.. with the 2000/2010 zone highly probable. The only issue is whether the 2050/70 zone.. before rolling over.


sp'weekly1b



Summary

*I EXITED DIS-long from the $103.70s.. a minor gain of 9%... but for me.. that is fine. I prefer to close out into the weekend, not least for options trades.

I am merely left with USO-long, which despite Goldman Sachs causing trouble at the open, maintains a big bull flag. I'll hold across the weekend, seeking the 15.50/16.00s by lunch time Wed'.
--


As for the market... little to add.

A quiet end to the week.. having put in another marginally higher low of sp'1939.

VIX looks like it will get knocked lower into the weekend.. 23s... maybe even 22s.

--
back at the close.