Thursday 31 December 2015

Closing Brief

US equities closed the year on a pretty bearish note, sp -19pts @ 2043. The two leaders - Trans/R2K, settled lower by -0.4% and -1.2% respectively. The year end close for five of six US indexes was below the monthly 10MA, and that sure bodes in favour of the bears for early 2016.


sp'60min



Summary

*closing hour action: renewed weakness, with a distinct case of some of the 'rats selling into the long holiday weekend'.
--

I have a lot to say to wrap up the week, month, and year.. but will save that for later posts.

Suffice to say...

It has been a tough and frustrating year for many, but all those who have made it through the year deserve a prize. I'll leave it to each of you, what you think you deserve.

I want to say thanks to all those who have messaged me this year, whether via Disqus, email, or twitter.

I hope to be here across 2016... and beyond.

--
the usual bits and pieces across the evening.. to wrap up the day.. and year :)